Contributors

Saturday, January 22, 2011

the mood that I am in....

Ok, so as I have mentioned in the past there are only about 5 of you who read my blog once in a while, and really, some of things I post, I know interest only me, so...please indulge me

I find that music is very therapeutic and powerful in my life.
I am typically a very upbeat, light type of personality, as most who know me already have observed. I am outgoing, very much a people person, and love to enjoy friends' company, laughter and fun, and among the things I truly enjoy is good music.
But from time to time I do find myself in very reflective and introspective moods....this one is lasting quite a bit longer than I'm used to, and as I sink deeper into reflection, I notice I have been enjoying time alone in my car, while I drive to and from all of my daily obligations, time spent with my music. And so I am also noticing the kind of music I am drawn to these days, so as I said indulge me while I share the mood that I am in, musically speaking...

Maroon 5
Won't Go Home Without You
Sunday Morning
Better That We Break
Sweetest Goodbye

Mercy Me
Homesick
Keep Singing

John Mayer
Say

Jason Mraz
Absolutely Zero
O Lover
Sleep All Day

Sade
By Your Side

The Fray
Hundred

Matchbox 20
How Far We've Come

Nickel Creek
Beauty And The Mess

John Legend
Save Room

Chris Rice
Belong
Home Tonight

James Blunt
Billy
Goodbye My Lover

So there it is, Laura's Reflection & Introspection Playlist ;-)
Mind you some of the songs have nothing to do lyrically with what's going on inside my head, but they have an absolutely intoxicating and captivating rhythm or melody and that's why they are on this list.

If any of you decide to take a listen to any of them, let me know what you think...if you want ;-)

1 comment:

Arthur Wilson said...

Its all about the 2 james blunt songs, although goodbye my lover was the most played songs at funerals in england last year!

Followers