Contributors

Monday, August 16, 2004

A baby?

I thought I'd want a baby...a baby of my own, a baby of "our" own :-) (I guess I should include my husband) I've always thought that I'd want to be a mom someday, I've always thought that God made me to be, among other things, a mom. I like kids...some kids I LOVE...but I like all kids. I can find something to identify with in most kids, which is helpful when you want to "hang out" with them. Mostly...I do not have a hard time remembering what it was like to BE a kid, and so I try to tap into that as much as possible, to make it easier on me and the kid/kids in question,but quite honestly, also for fun. yeah...FUN. If you can actually live out what you remember about being a kid, it's a LOT like you still ARE one!! and in hanging out with kids, well....it's VERY helpful :-)
So...I never quite questioned the whole "being a mom" thing....but obviously, I dont KNOW what it'd be like. But this morning, I had quite a glimpse. I offered to "hang out" with(I dont like the word "babysit")my friend's 6 months old son while I worked (I work on the phone from home).
And so I did, he was here with me, while I worked.... and I LOVED IT!
I WILL NOT say that it wasn't hard to do...it was!....it was THE most multitasking I've ever done!! and for anyone who knows me, that's saying something!
Nor will I say that I remember what it was like to be a 6 months old,I dont... but somehow, we were ok. He seemed to enjoy my company and I certainly enjoyed his. Granted, he is a great baby, he's usually in a good mood, and when he's not he usually has a very good reason for it, which is more than I can say for myself.
I had a glimpse of what it'd be like to be at home working, and hanging out with MY baby, and OH MY! I liked that glimpse a lot! Again....it would probably be the hardest thing I've ever done, but....if it's this great with a good friend's child...I just CAN'T imagine how awesome it would be with my own....I dont think you're supposed to be able to. Imagine, that is....
I think God likes to bless us with surprises like that.

No comments:

Followers