Contributors

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Perspective

Once in a while I need to remind myself of the truly important things.... Recently a dear friend's son's death brought much needed perspective into my life. Seems trite, but why is it that I always forget what is TRULY important? I am saved by grace and my sins have been atoned for by the blood of Jesus Christ, that means, I live forever in fellowship with God our Father...THAT's pretty important!!!!!!!!!! That should supercede anything else that comes my way, but sadly,relatively unimportant "stuff" seems to get ahead in line all the time, bills to pay, stressful job, lack of a job, lack of time, sadness, anger....my cats not using the litter box properly.. :) etc. As if forgivess of my sins and eternal life with God wasn't enough, there are SO many blessings in my life!!!!! A great husband who loves me and whom i love, 2 GREAT stepdaughters who love me and whom I love, an awesome new house, many many friends in Christ, i could go on and on....but I don't...somehow, on most days, I'm thinking more about the "other stuff". Well, no more!!! I think most people need to remind themselves to think of the AWESOME things in their life FIRST, before starting their day and cluttering it with temporary and relatively unimportant stuff....if anything, it ought to help us make decisions that impact the "unmovable" stuff positively, and I am sure it would also help with moodiness and crankiness, not that I struggle with that or anything ;-)

No comments:

Followers