Contributors

Sunday, July 11, 2010

P90X progress report

Ok, so it is only day 5, why bother with a progress report?

Well, mostly because writing about it helps me stay motivated, so it is a completely selfish motive, please indulge me....or don't...it's not as though I can tell whether or not anyone is readin... ;-)

My first impression of this program is..IT ROCKS! I really like it, I like how hard it is, I like Tony Horton (yes that's right, I SAID IT!) and his style of instructing, I like the variety of work outs, I just plain like it. Don't get me wrong, it is very hard work, but I guess that's what I was looking for, a good challenge!

So, day 5 and I'd have to say, as much as it hurts, I liked the Plyometrics work out the best. It was by far the most challenging for me, because it is hard core cardio and balance and I think the fact that I was able to complete it on my first try made me feel, well, really good!

I like all the strength training work outs because it is what comes easiest to me, though the chest and back work out was a BRUTAL way to begin...

I am finding it easier to eat way better as a result because I am motivated to fuel my body properly so I can get through the workouts, which is an added unexpected bonus.

Now, the big question is, will I still feel this way 2 weeks from now? Stay tuned.... ;-)

3 comments:

Greg said...

By eating healthier, do you mean... more homemade bread? :)

I've only heard good things about the P90X (well, and funny references to it being a cult... I think that was mostly light hearted fun poking ... I think...) :)

Glad it's going well!

Laura said...

ha ha, healthier means LESS bread! ;-)

yes, it is a good program, I am a fan for sure! nothing cult ish about it :-P

Greg said...

No... I'm pretty sure it means more homemade bread more often. (Maybe I'm reading a different healthy foods book?) ;-)

Followers