Contributors

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

P90X progress report

Ok, so not much to report, except, I completed my second week today! WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Soreness has now become a way of life, a welcome and expected part of the process :-)

I am noticing that it is becoming slightly easier to get through each workout with 2 exceptions:
-Ab Ripper X; those 18 minutes of core exercises always has me reaching for the fast forward button!!!
-Yoga X was still very, VERY intense!

I am also noticing that I need bigger weights for some of the routines, (that's right BIGGER!! ;-)) which is encouraging, though expensive to do...

This Thursday I begin my third and final week in Phase 1, then comes the much dreaded "recovery" week. I use quotes because although it is a recovery from strength training, it is a very strenuous week in other ways, (Yoga X twice in one week..YOUZA).

Wish me luck! :-)

On a tastier note, after considering spending lost of cash on a "Recovery Drink", which is supposed to help the recovery of the muscles, replenish glycogen, etc etc I did some internet research and stumbled upon an article extolling the wonderful restorative powers of Chocolate Milk! That's right, chocolate milk can be used as a recovery drink as it contains the same ratio of protein/Carbs, and well, it's cheap and tastes DELICIOUS!

So I look forward to my recovery drink every day now, after my very tough work out!

Thank you for reading and have a happy and chocolatey day everyone (all 5 of you) ! :-)

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Jamie drinks chocolate milk all the time as a recovery drink.

I'm trying to figure out an exercise routine that will work for me that I will actually stick with.

Laura said...

well, I stopped drinking the chocolate milk mostly because when I bought a gallon of it and didn't drink it all before it went bad I figured it'd be a waste of money, so I just, eat and drink normally and doesn't seem to slow me down any. :-)

I hope you will find the activity that works for you, it definitely makes you feel good to be active and to even challenge yourself a bit...
keep searching!

Followers