Contributors

Friday, March 19, 2004

First Blog!!!

Well, this is my very first blog! I feel the pressure...
As most everyday I sit at my computer chatting with friends and checkin emails and interpreting spanish calls on the phone...that is my job...well,the interpreting part is...I get to hear very interesting things while I interpret for others, some things are sad,some happy, some just silly, but overall, they just make me feel blessed that I actually DO speak english well enough to get around without needing help from a person such as myself, an interpreter. Some of these people need important things, such as filing claims for disability with Social Security, or speaking to their children's doctors, I feel blessed that not only I don't need an interpreter myself but I can actually be of help to these people for these most important issues in their lives.
As I type I am interpreting for a family at the hospital trying to set up treatment for their son, pretty important stuff!
Just a thought for those of you outhere that have always lived in the US and speak english,and everyone speaks english back to you...So many people outhere have NO way of communicating in their own language without the help of a translator or interpreter such as myself.

Followers