Contributors

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

life changes

so....wow,its been a while since the last time I blogged....lots of new things, new address, new home!!!!
Since moving here to our first home, lots of different things have happened,but mostly, I have been thinking about how good God is.
I have never personally or through family "association" been a homeowner. That hit me as I sat here in my new livingroom, considering what it means to have a chance to make this house a home. What a huge blessing that is, and how it goes way beyond these walls. It means my husband and I have a chance at building a marriage, a family, a life that honors God. It means I don't have to be a part of a vicious cycle of dysfunction, abuse, pain, abandonment,but rather be a "cycle-breaker". What an honor. What a task! God first blessed me with Salvation, and now He is blessing me with a great opportunity to build a new life, become a better person, pleasing in His eyes. Sometimes I lose sight of that...I complain....we dont make enough money, the house needs remodeling, our cats litter box stinks ;-)... but then all I have to remember is where I've been, both physically and spiritually, and remember that I am the richest I have ever been!!
Praise God...."Let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich, let the blind say I can see, it's what the Lord has done in me" I was weak,poor and blind....Praise God I am not anymore!!!!

No comments:

Followers