Contributors

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

P90X

I have to think that of the say..5 people who read my blog ;-) at least 2 of you have got to have heard of P90X, "extreme home fitness" program by now.

For those of you who haven't (that'd be about 3 of you) here it is in a nutshell: you spend about $140 for a set of workout DVD's and a couple of instruction books on how to reaaaaaally torture yourself for 90 days in order to achieve a stronger, leaner, healthier you. You follow the exercise schedule outlined, work out 6 days a week and eat lots and lots of protein.

Now, typically I HATE jumping on the bandwagon of seemingly too good to be true hyped up infomercial type "programs". Mostly because I have engaged in some sort of physical activity for the past 10 years and I subscribe to the idea that as long as you are willing to sweat and keep at it, you will be healthier and generally stronger and leaner, no need to do anything EXTREME.

But...I'm in the mood for a challenge. For the first time in years I do not have a gym membership (due to current circumstances)and I have been feeling sluggish and lazy and generally NOT comfortable in my own body for months now, and feel like saying ENOUGH! I AM going to do something extreme, just to prove I CAN and to improve my overall well being.

I also saw the results firsthand in a good friend of mine (Thanks for the inspiration D.!!!) which made me think...I would NOT mind that! ;-) That made me dig deeper, ask questions, read the books and even try a couple of the workouts, which in turn lead me to believe I would enjoy pushing myself in this way, achieving a new level of fitness, and well, looking better couldn't hurt right? ;-)

So here I go...I am excited to begin and wondering how much more sore I will be typing in say..6 days time? I'll keep all 5 of you posted ;-)

5 comments:

Laura said...

day 1...and... OUCH!

Priscilla said...

I don't know if you've counted me or not among the five...but you may be surprised to find me reading your blog.
I keep thinking about getting in shape. I walk quite a bit...but I need something more.

BTW: I was eating a dish of icecream when I found and read this post!!! LOL!!

Laura said...

of course I counted you in the 5 Priscilla! you have commented before, and..thanks for continuing to read! :-)

P90X is something I decided to try as a new challenge, fully aware that it is tougher than anything i have ever done before, and so far it is living up to its infamy. I AM SO SORE!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Feels good to work hard though, I feel accomplished and I am also eating very healthily, because having worked that hard the last thing I want to do is waste all that hard work on junk food!

there is always room for ice cream though! ;-)

Greg said...

I'm one of the 5! :) (Though, my schedule has not allowed me to peruse my RSS folder lately... so I'm just now seeing your recent FLURRY of posts! Nice!)

It's July 19 ... what day are you on now of the 90?

(oh wait... there's one more post to read...)

Laura said...

just completed my second week today :-)

Followers